Careers in the Agriculture Industry
Whilst BIAC is not an employment agency it is keen to promote the profession as a career opportunity, both to those in full time education and those seeking to make a change of employment.
Advertisements may be displayed on the BIAC website and the cost of advertising a position for a two month period is £125 plus VAT for BIAC members and £300 plus VAT for non-members. If you would like to advertise a job on this website, please contact the office on 01275 375559 or email your advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agricultural & Rural Consultants:
Who uses them?
- Public Bodies
- Land Owners
What do they provide?
- Business planning, planning applications, government grant applications, legislative advice and development of new business ventures.
- Collecting and analysing data, crop yields and financial reports to measure performance.
- Preparing or modifying business or operating plans.
- Conducting field trials to find solutions to clients’ problems.
- Planning and implementing improvements for the client such as using more effective pest control measures or finding more efficient ways to keep and feed livestock;
- Organizing presentations, demonstrations, training and farm walks for clients, colleagues, partnership organisations, professional bodies and other interested groups.
- Writing advisory leaflets, technical notes and possibly press releases and articles.
- Marketing and promoting consultancy services to new customers.
- Researching and keeping up to date with any relevant developments in agriculture.
The List is Endless!!!!
What skills should a consultant have?
- Technical and analytical skills with the ability to explain findings clearly.
- Communication skills, for establishing and developing relationships with clients.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Financial skills, ability to manage budgets with attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Marketing, negotiation and advisory skills, for the development of new business opportunities and the building of a client base.