Tony Kernon is a Chartered Surveyor and a Fellow of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants. He has been a BIAC member for over 20 years and has been very involved in the rural planning activities of BIAC throughout. With over 30 years of professional practice behind him, Tony is able to bring his expertise and wealth of experience to advise on farm development and diversification in a practical, workable and realistic manner, expertly negotiating the planning system.
The range of work Tony is involved with is extensive, including:
- all forms of farm and equestrian development (dwellings, buildings, tracks, gallops etc);
- farm diversification and leisure (building reuse, changes of use of land, camping, watersports);
- assessing the implications of development on agricultural land (agricultural land quality, farm impacts, input to Environmental Assessment);
- lawfulness issues, enforcement, breach of conditions and rural planning problems;
- expert reports and witness work for planning Inquiries, Hearings and Written Representations.
Tony’s work has covered most of England and Wales, occasionally further afield. He acts for many local planning authorities as well as applicants, ensuring balanced and realistic advice.
Kernon Countryside Consultants Ltd
BSc (Hons) MRICS FBIAC