BIAC YOUNG CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR 2012
Entrees for this year’s ‘BIAC young consultant of the year competition’ are now being sought
Purpose of the competition:
Within both BIAC and other rural advice sectors we have some excellent skilled and enthusiastic young consultants.
This competition presents an opportunity for those individuals to promote themselves and raise the profile of young consultants working within Agriculture and the Rural Sector.
Why should someone enter:
- To gain an increased profile for themselves and their company/employer
- To learn from being exposed to an experienced panel of judges and a rich cohort of fellow competitors.
Entrance Criteria :
- Born on or after 1st January 1977
- Consultant means any form of advisory service provider to the Food, Farming and Rural Sector to include all ancillary services and research work.
How to enter:
- Up to date CV
- A brief outline of the piece of work, case, research or activity carried out by the entrant. It is recognised that some work is a collaborative document and, therefore, the entrant must make it clear the role he or she played in that process. Judges will be looking for what is different, what makes this work stand out. Length not necessarily restricted to 100 words, but it should be a synopsis.
This year the announcement and presentation of the BIAC 2012 Young Consultant will take place on Wednesday 21st November 2012.
The venue will be an evening reception at the National Farm Management Conference which is taking place at the Royal Society in London.
- Receives a cheque for £1,000, Perpetual Trophy which they will hold for 1 year, framed certificate and membership of BIAC for 2013.
- Receives a cheque for £500, Memento and a framed Certificate.
- Receive a memento and a framed certificate.
Key Dates & Timetable:
- 10th September 2012:
Initial application to be made to the BIAC Offices by Monday 10th September 2012.
- 11th to 14th September 2012:
Desk top review and scoring of information provided by potential competition entrants to select a short list of entrants.
- 17th September 2012:
Detailed submissions requested from selected entrants.
- 22nd October 2012:
Closing date for submissions.
- W/C 5th November:
Finalists to be interviewed and their presentation to the Judges.
21st November 2012
Awards made to the winner and runner up at a reception at the National Farm Management Conference.
For further information please contact BIAC on 01275 375559 or email email@example.com for details of members